Data Protection Declaration
Thank you for visiting our website! The protection of your privacy is important to us. Please therefore note the following information regarding the use of your data:
1. Information on the collection of personal data and contact details of the controller
1.1 In the following we want to inform you of how your personal data is handled when using our website. Personal data here refers to all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 Controller for the processing of data on our website as per the data protection regulation (GDPR) is:
bb Klostermann GmbH
Tel.: 49 (0) 66 52/96 74-0
Fax: 49 (0) 66 52/96 74-10
(The controller for the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person that decides, alone or jointly with others, on the purpose and means of processing personal data).
1.3 For reasons of security and for the protection of the transfer of personal data and other confidential content (such as orders or enquiries to the controller), on the security-relevant pages this website uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the character sequence https:// and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2. Recording of data when visiting our website
When visiting our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transfer information to us, we only collect such data as is sent to our server by your browser (so-called server log files). When you access our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our website visited
- Date and time of the moment of access
- Volume of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you arrive at the site
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (where applicable: in anonymised form)
Processing is undertaken in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in the improvement of the stability and functionality of our website. Forwarding or other use of the data does not occur. However, we reserve the right to inspect the server log files at a later time, where specific indications of illegal use exist.
To make the visit to our website attractive and enable the use of specific functions we use so-called cookies on various pages of our webshop. These are small text files that are deposited on your terminal device. Some of the cookies that we use are deleted again at the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal device and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognise your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are deposited, they collect and process specific user information in an individual scope, such as browser and location data and IP address. Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified time, which can vary from cookie to cookie.
The cookies serve in part to simplify the order process by saving settings (e.g. noting the content of a virtual shopping basket for a later visit to the website). To the extent that individual cookies implemented by us also process personal data, this processing is undertaken according to art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR to either implement the contract or according to art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR to observe our legitimate interest in the best-possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the site visit.
In some circumstances we work with advertising partners, who help us to make our internet offer more interesting for you. For this purpose, in the event of your visiting our website cookies of partner companies are also saved on your hard drive (third-party cookies). When we co-operate with aforementioned advertising partners you are informed individually and separately of the use of such cookies and the scope of the respectively collected information within the paragraphs that follow.
Please note that you can set your browser to inform you of the placing of cookies and decide individually whether to accept these or reject the acceptance of cookies for specific cases or in general. Each browser differs in the manner in which it administrates cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can alter your cookie settings. These can be found for the respective browser under the following links:
rieben, welches Ihnen erläutert, wie Sie Ihre Cookie-Einstellungen ändern können. Diese finden Sie für die jeweiligen Browser unter den folgenden Links:
Please note that failure to accept cookies can limit the functionality of websites.
4. Initiating contact
Personal data is collected in the scope of initiating contact (e.g. via contact form or e-mail). In the case of a contact form, the data that is collected is visible in the respective contact form. This data is saved and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your enquiry or contact and the associated technical administration. Legal basis for the processing of data is our legitimate interest in responding to your enquiry in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If the purpose of your contact is the conclusion of a contract, then a further legal basis for processing is art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. Your data will be deleted following the completion of processing of your enquiry. This is the case where it can be deduced from the circumstances that the matter concerned has been conclusively clarified and where no statutory retention requirement states otherwise.
5. Use of your data for direct advertising
Sending of the e-mail newsletter to existing customers
If you have provided us with your e-mail address when purchasing goods or services, we reserve the right to send you regular offers via e-mail for similar goods or services in our range to those already purchased. Pursuant to § 7 para. 3 Unfair Competition Act (UWG) we are not required to obtain separate consent from you for this. To this extent, the processing of data occurs solely on the basis of our legitimate interest in personalised direct advertising in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If you have initially objected to the use of your e-mail address for this purpose, we shall not send e-mails. You are entitled to object to the use of your e-mail address for the aforementioned advertising purposes at any time with effect for the future by notifying the controller named initially. The only costs that you incur in this are the transmission costs at the basic rates. Following receipt of your objection the use of your e-mail address for advertising purposes will cease immediately.
6. Tools and miscellaneous
Applications for job advertisements by e-mail
On our website, we advertise current vacancies in a separate section, for which interested parties can apply by e-mail to the contact address provided.
In order to be included in the application process, applicants must provide us with all personal data required for a well-founded and informed assessment and selection together with their application by e-mail.
The required information includes general personal information (name, address, telephone or electronic contact) as well as performance-specific evidence of the qualifications required for a position. If necessary, health-related information may also be required which, in the interest of social protection, must be given special consideration in the applicant's person under labour and social law.
Which elements an application must contain in order to be considered and in which form these elements must be sent by e-mail can be found in the respective job advertisement.
After receipt of the application sent using the e-mail contact address provided, the applicant data will be stored by us and evaluated exclusively for the purpose of processing the application. In the event of queries arising in the course of processing the application, we will use either the e-mail address provided by the applicant with his/her application or a telephone number provided, at our discretion.
The legal basis for such processing, including the establishment of contact for queries, is in principle Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO in conjunction with § 26 para. 1 BDSG, in the sense of which the completion of the application procedure is regarded as the initiation of an employment contract.
If special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 para. 1 DSGVO (e.g. health data such as information on severely disabled status) are requested from applicants as part of the application procedure, these shall be processed in accordance with Art. 9 para. 1 DSGVO. Art. 9 para. 2 lit. b. DSGVO, so that we can exercise the rights arising from labour law and social security and social protection law and fulfil our obligations in this regard.
The processing of special categories of data may also be based cumulatively or alternatively on Art. 9 para. 1 lit. h DSGVO if it is carried out for the purposes of health care or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the applicant's ability to work, for medical diagnostics, health or social care or for the administration of systems and services in the health or social sector.
If, in the course of the evaluation described above, the applicant is not selected or if an applicant withdraws his application prematurely, his data transmitted by e-mail as well as all electronic correspondence including the original application e-mail will be deleted at the latest after 6 months after a corresponding notification. This period shall be determined based on our legitimate interest in being able to answer any follow-up questions regarding the application and, if necessary, to comply with our obligation to provide evidence under the regulations on the equal treatment of applicants.
In the event of a successful application, the data provided will be processed based on Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b DSGVO in conjunction with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b DSGVO. § 26 (1) BDSG for the purposes of the performance of the employment relationship.
7. Rights of the data subject
7.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive rights of the person concerned (rights to information and intervention) with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we shall inform you below:
- Right of access pursuant to art. 15 GDPR: In particular, you have the right to information regarding your personal data processed by us, the purpose of the processing, the categories of the personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been revealed or is to be revealed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period, the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, where the personal data is not collected from the data subject, any available information as to its source, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject, where personal data is transferred to a third country or to an international organisation, you shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards pursuant to article 46 GDPR relating to the transfer;
- Right to rectification pursuant to art. 16 GDPR: You have a right to immediate rectification of incorrect data regarding you and/or completion of incomplete data stored by us;
- Right to erasure pursuant to art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to demand the deletion of your personal data where the prerequisites of art. 17 para. 1 GDPR exist. However, this right shall not exist in particular where the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, to exercise legal obligations, for reasons of the public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing pursuant to art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to demand restriction of the processing of your personal data where the accuracy of your data contested by you is verified, if you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of its use instead, if your data is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, where we no longer require this data following the achievement of our objectives or where you have objected for reasons of your particular situation, to the extent that it is not yet determined whether our legitimate grounds prevail;
- Right to notification pursuant to art. 19 GDPR: If you have received the right to rectification, erasure or restriction from the controller, the controller shall be obliged to communicate this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing to each recipient to whom the personal data has been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed of these recipients.
- Right to data portability pursuant to art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from the controller, to the extent this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke granted consent pursuant to art. 7 para. 3 GDPR: You have the right to revoke your granted consent to the processing of the data at any time, with effect for the future. In the event of revocation we shall delete the data concerned immediately, to the extent that there are no compelling legitimate grounds for further processing. The revocation of consent shall have no effect on the legality of the processing undertaken on the basis of the consent up to the point of revocation;
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to art. 77 GDPR: If you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data infringes GDPR, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
7.2 Right to object
If, in the scope of balancing of interests, we process your personal data on the basis of our prevailing legitimate interest, you shall have the right to submit an objection to this processing with effect for the future for reasons that arise from your particular situation. If you exercise your right to object, we shall cease the processing of the data concerned. However, we reserve the right to undertake further processing where we are able to show reasons worth being protected for the processing, which prevail over your interests, fundamental rights and fundamental liberties, or where the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If your personal data is processed by us for the purpose of direct advertising, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of such advertising. You may exercise the objection as described above.cease Should you exercise your right to object, we shall cease the processing of the data concerned for the purposes of direct advertising.
8. Duration of saving of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is measured based on the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and - if relevant - additionally based on the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods).
If personal data is processed based on explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO, this data is stored until the data subject revokes his consent.
If there are legal storage periods for data that is processed within the framework of legal or similar obligations based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO, this data will be routinely deleted after expiry of the storage periods if it is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the contract or the initiation of the contract and/or if we no longer have a justified interest in further storage.
When processing personal data based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection in accordance with Art. 21 para. 1 DSGVO, unless we can prove compelling grounds for processing worthy of protection which outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If personal data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection pursuant to Art. 21 para. 2 DSGVO.
Furthermore, unless otherwise indicated in the other information contained in this statement on specific processing situations, personal data stored shall be erased when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
9. Right to make amendments
We reserve the right to amend this data protection declaration at any time, subject to legal requirements.
Status: October 2019
For questions or comments on the subject data protection
please write us an e-mail:
We hope you enjoy our website,
Your bb Klostermann team
to improve our website. For more information please read our Privacy Notice